In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and financial aid for your degree to teach business, marketing, and information technology.
About the Business Education Degree Program (BMIT)
You understand the business world, and you want to pass that knowledge on to the next generation of students. If you’re looking for a business education degree and want to teach business or computer classes, consider a business, marketing, and information technology (BMIT) field endorsement from Wayne State College. You’ll be ready to teach business, marketing, keyboarding classes, information technology, and career education courses in grades 6-12. You’ll also be eligible for the work-based learning supplemental endorsement.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
If you choose the business, marketing, and IT education field endorsement, you are not required to choose any other endorsements to receive your B.A. or B.S.
For field endorsement: 48
For professional education: 27-33
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120 hours minimum (education programs may require more)
Work experience: 1,000 verified hours of volunteer, internship, or paid work experience; or at least 300 hours of supervised work experience under the direction of the college or university recommending the endorsement
Popular pairings: Coaching (7-12)
Licensing and Certification: Wayne State academic programs are designed to prepare students for licensure or certification in Nebraska. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Nebraska, please check that state's licensing board to determine their licensing requirements. Authorization may be required from them prior to beginning a clinical or field experience in that state. Learn more.
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Principles of economics
- Personal finance
- Foundation of human resource management
- Principles of marketing and advertising
- Conducting international business
- Office systems and technology
- Information management and processing
- Office systems and technologies
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Planning and coordinating
- Professional code of conduct
- Business teacher
- Computer teacher
- Career counselor
- Marketing teaching
- Accounting teacher
- Keyboarding instructor
- Information technology teacher
- Academic advisor
- Vocational instructor
- Educational administrator
- Business manager
- Career coordinator
- Middle schools
- High schools
- Business schools
- Vocational schools
- Career development companies
- Colleges and universities
- Businesses and corporations
- Government offices
- Non-profit organizations
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished professionals that have been recognized as experts in their fields. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the business education degree (BMIT) program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Northeast Nebraska Teacher Academy (NENTA) - Develop your classroom skills and get paid at the same time.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
As a Business, Marketing, and IT Education major, you will complete a semester of clinical practice in a school district chosen with the help of your advisor. During this semester, you’ll work closely with an experienced teacher to gain classroom experience. Internships are not required as part of this program; however, Career Services is available to help students find employment opportunities.