In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and financial aid.
About the Safety Management Degree Program
Safety management is about identifying hazards and reducing workplace risks. Increased productivity, better employee morale, and lower costs are just some of the results of a safer environment you can help create. With the safety management degree program at Wayne State, you’ll be prepared to work in industry, government, and the private sectors. You’ll study foundational and cutting-edge technologies, safety-related concepts, supervision and leadership skills, and business knowledge. You’ll be prepared to dive into government regulations, interpretations, documentation, and robust understandings as you develop your safety expertise and pass it along to others. After completing the safety management degree program, you’ll be ready to be in a high-demand field with lots of options for where to go and what to do.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S. in industrial technology/safety management
For concentration: 63
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Technology and Applied Science
Safety cards: OSHA outreach trainers provide opportunities for earning 10- and 30-hour construction and/or general industry safety cards.
Safety Management Degree Program Outcomes
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the safety management degree program.
- Industrial hygiene
- Construction, industrial, and systems safety
- Workplace accident investigation
- Accident prevention
- Safety data analysis
- Safe handling of hazardous materials
- First aid and CPR
- Introductory Spanish
- Business management and supervision
- Manufacturing processes and systems
- Construction technology and systems
- Residential drawing with CAD software
- Welding and fabrication
- Electronics and electricity
- Time management and organization
Careers in Safety Management
- Safety manager
- Government regulator
- Public safety director
- Hazardous material specialist
- Transportation inspectors
- Environmental health manager
- Risk manager
- Compliance officer
- Quality assurance manager
- Emergency response specialist
- Security coordinator
- Government / federal agencies
- Environmental agencies
- Construction companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Transportation companies
- Waste companies
- Production companies
- Aviation companies
- Chemical companies
- Disaster management companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
Safety Management Faculty
Our faculty are accomplished. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the safety management degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the safety management degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Field trips – Visit local construction and manufacturing facilities to meet pros in the industry and get a peek at operations behind the scenes.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
You’ll have a chance to work with local companies in this field to help you gain experience and earn credit toward your safety management degree. Career Services is also available to help you find the best internship opportunities.