You have a passion for art and a desire to share its beauty with younger generations. With a degree in art education from Wayne State, you’ll expand your creativity while also learning how to teach art. Develop a strong foundation in design and drawing fundamentals with opportunities to display your art on campus, meet visiting artists, get studio experience, learn art history, and even visit galleries, museums, and/or graphic design firms to see artwork in action. The experience and skills you’ll gain at Wayne State will be priceless tools in taking the next step in your career as a K-12 educator.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
For concentration: 56
General education: 41
To graduate from WSC: 120
Popular minors: Drafting, Business Administration
School: Business and Technology
Department: Technology and Applied Science
Safety cards: OSHA outreach trainers provide opportunities for earning 10- and 30-hour construction and/or general industry safety cards.
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Industrial hygiene
- Construction, industrial, and systems safety
- Workplace accident investigation
- Accident prevention
- Safety data analysis
- Safe handling of hazardous materials
- First aid and CPR
- Introductory Spanish
- Business management and supervision
- Manufacturing processes and systems
- Construction technology and systems
- Residential drawing with CAD software
- Welding and fabrication
- Electronics and electricity
- Time management and organization
- Safety manager
- Government regulator
- Public safety director
- Hazardous material specialist
- Transportation inspectors
- Environmental health manager
- Risk manager
- Compliance officer
- Quality assurance manager
- Emergency response specialist
- Security coordinator
- Government / federal agencies
- Environmental agencies
- Construction companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Transportation companies
- Waste companies
- Production companies
- Aviation companies
- Chemical companies
- Disaster management companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
Learn from the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 85% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Field trips – Visit local construction and manufacturing facilities to meet pros in the industry and get a peek at operations behind the scenes.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
You’ll have a chance to work with local companies in this field to help you gain experience and earn credit toward your degree in safety management. Career Services is also available to help you find the best internship opportunities.