In addition to being the most affordable college for industrial arts in Nebraska, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and financial aid for your industrial technology degree.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Technology
The industrial technology degree program at Wayne State College will prepare you with marketable technical skills for careers in business, industry, or education. In our new Center for Applied Technology, you'll have access to state-of-the-art construction, manufacturing, woodworking, and robotics labs.
If you are planning on a career in business or industry, consider one of these four concentrations within the industrial technology degree program:
If you want to teach industrial arts, skilled and technical sciences, and/or career and technical concentrations, consider our skilled and technical sciences education field endorsement.
Industrial Technology Degree Outcomes
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the industrial technology degree program.
- Use and care of hand and power tools
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Process of design, estimating, and scheduling
- Introductory computer technology and information systems softwares
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Mechanical and/or residential drafting
- Engineering and technology principles
- Manufacturing processes and systems
- Project management and supervision
- Problem solving and research
- Communication skills used in business and industry
Industrial Technology Careers
- Project manager
- Operations manager
- Maintenance manager
- Building inspector
- General contractor
- Safety manager
- Production supervisor
- Compliance officer
- CNC programmer
- Manufacturing manager
- Manufacturing companies
- Construction companies
- Production companies
- Architectural firms
- Engineering firms
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Power and utility companies
- Transportation companies
- Machine shops
- Government or environmental agencies
- Chemical companies
Industrial Technology Faculty
Our faculty are accomplished. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in our industrial technology degree programs.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your industrial technology degree by participating in clubs, organizations, art shows, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- American Society of Safety Professionals
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Drafting and Design Club
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Field trips – Visit local construction and manufacturing facilities to meet pros in the industry and get a peek at operations behind the scenes to watch how things are made.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
You’ll have a chance to work with local companies in this field to help gain experience and earn credit toward your industrial technology degree. Career Services is also available to help you find the best internship opportunities.