The professional studies major gives you a variety of skills to prepare you for your professional goals and objectives. With a variety of business programs to choose from, you’ll get to tailor your academic coursework to those goals. The business department at WSC offers classes in accounting, marketing, international business, finance, human resource management, office administration, business management, economics, public accounting, and agribusiness. You’ll meet with your advisor to plan your own program to fit where you see yourself in the future. Choose your own adventure!
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
For concentration: 48
General education: 41
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Accreditation: International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Basic accounting and finance
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Time management
- Office administrator
- Executive assistant
- Store manager
- Bank or loan officer
- Real estate agent
- Human resource coordinator
- Insurance agent
- Marketing coordinator
- Office manager
- Businesses and corporations
- Private organizations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Real estate agencies
- Government offices
- Retail stores
- Accounting firms
- Insurance companies
- Investment companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Non-profit organizations
Learn from the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 85% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field.. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a degree in professional studies. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.