In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and financial aid as you pursue the Digital Film Production degree program.
About the Digital Film Production Degree Program
Digital film is a major form of media today, from promotional clips and commercials to narrative films and movies. And at Wayne State, interest in this field is quickly growing. Our Digital Film Production degree program will help you develop skills in film production and on-camera performance. You’ll get experience with cinematic production aspects taught in our current theatre courses, such as acting and directing, lighting, set design, etc. You’ll establish an excellent foundation in media production, pre-production, and related skills. With a Film Production degree from Wayne State, you’ll be ready to enter the film industry directly or continue your study of film in graduate school.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Mass Communication / Digital Film Production and Theory
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Arts and Humanities
Department: Communication Arts
History: Wayne State has a long history of providing real-life media opportunities to students, with the radio station going on the air in 1971 and the TV station starting in 1976.
Annual events: “The Roommate Game” is the longest running college television game show in the Midwest. KWSC-FM also holds its Turkey Drop and Haven House remote events annually.
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the Digital Film degree program.
- Filmmaking and cinematography
- Advertising and commercial production
- Production design
- Digital editing
- Producing and directing
- 3D animation and visual effects
- Sound engineering
- Legal and ethical standards for mass communication
- Advertising producer
- Copy writer
- Social media marketing content producer
- Production designer
- Corporate film producer
- Film director
- Film producer
- Screen writer
- Motion graphics animator
- Sound engineer
- Advertising agencies
- Video production houses
- Film companies
- Broadcast media outlets
- Cable television providers
- Social media marketing agencies
- Corporations (in-house video)
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished professionals that have been recognized as experts in their fields. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the Digital Film degree program.
Joe Whitt, M.S.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the Digital Film degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Electronic media workshops will give you abundant firsthand experience in a wide range of multimedia content throughout your college career. You’ll build your portfolio to prepare for a career in media. You’ll take on a variety of responsibilities in serving as management and staff of KWSC-FM and KWSC-TV on and off campus.
- Wildcat Spirit Short Film Festival – A special opportunity to showcase your filmmaking skills, meet other filmmakers in the region, and compete for prizes.
- Trips and tours - You’ll get the chance to attend the National Student Electronic Media Convention and Nebraska Collegiate Media Association meetings. The WSC Media Club and students from KWSC-FM and KWSC Studios travel to Omaha, Neb., Lincoln, Neb., Norfolk, Neb., Sioux City, Iowa, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Kan., and Denver – all markets for station and media business tours.
- Awards - Media students annually attend the NCMA’s Golden Leaf Awards, which rewards Nebraska college journalists for their work.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
Internships at radio and TV stations, or through other communication organizations, are available. Recent internships have been at KTCH-AM/FM, US92, 106 KIX, KKLN TV, Outdoorsman Productions, The Golf Channel, and KETV-Omaha. Your academic advisor and the Career Services department can help you find internship opportunities.