In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and financial aid for your Spanish degree.
About the Bachelor's Degree in Spanish
Imagine yourself traveling the world and communicating with people who speak another language. With an education in the Spanish language and culture, you can unlock the door to hundreds of opportunities. Not only will you be able to visit a Spanish-speaking country and understand the culture and what people are saying, but you’ll also become well-prepared to work with Spanish speakers right here in the United States. As America becomes more diverse every day, careers such as education, business, government, health, counseling, and law enforcement are in high demand of bilingual communicators.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Spanish Degree Fast Facts
Degrees offered: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Spanish
For Spanish major: 30
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Arts and Humanities
Department: Language and Literature
Study Abroad: Expected during summer session, prior to junior year
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the Spanish degree program.
- Reading and writing in Spanish
- Speaking and listening in Spanish
- History, politics, and philosophy of Spain
- Geography and economics of Spain
- Spanish literature throughout the ages
- Verbal communication and expression
- Translation and interpretation
- Cultural awareness
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Translator or interpreter
- Writer or editor
- Case worker
- Social service worker
- Law enforcement agent
- Travel agent or guide
- Immigration specialist
- International businesses
- Foreign companies
- Advertising agencies
- Government agencies
- Community programs
- Immigration services
- Non-profit organizations
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Law enforcement agencies
- Social services
- Foreign services
Learn from the Best
Our faculty are accomplished. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the Spanish degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, activities, and more.
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Cultural events – Join in the fun and help promote events such as Foreign Language Day, Dia de los Muertos festivities, picnics, field trips, and movie nights.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
You are not required to complete an internship for your Spanish degree, but opportunities are available if you wish to do so. Career Services is also available to help you find the best internship opportunities.