Enter the exciting world of international business. When you come to Wayne State for an international business degree, you’ll build a solid base of business knowledge. Not only that, but you’ll also learn how to apply those skills on an international stage, doing business with different countries and cultures. You’ll be opened to diversity, perhaps becoming an expert negotiator or liaison. Be sure to check out our study abroad program as well, as this will expose you to other cultures and allow you to learn how they do business in foreign countries. With an international business degree from Wayne State, you’ll be prepared for a career in business, marketing, finance, accounting, management, law, and even politics.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Theories and principles of international economics
- Fundamentals of globalization and the global economy
- Cultural awareness and geographic relationships
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- International sales agent
- Business development manager
- International operations coordinator
- International marketing manager
- Global trade specialist
- Logistics manager
- Financial analyst
- Product manager
- Foreign exchange trader
- Import / export specialist
- Business manager
- Banks and financial institutions
- Multinational corporations
- Government / federal agencies
- Businesses and corporations
- International organizations
- Trading and securities companies
- Consulting firms
- Manufacturing companies
- Transportation companies
- Shipping companies
Learn From the Best
Learn From the Best
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a degree in international business. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.