In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for the finance degree program at Wayne State College.
Finance Degree Program
As a successful business leader, you need to spend money to make money. It’s important to have a solid knowledge of financial operations. To run a successful business, you need to be wise with your finances and know how to plan a solid budget. At WSC, you’ll study these things and more in the finance degree program. The finance degree program at Wayne State College will prepare you to talk money with fellow business leaders, and you’ll be ready to start a career in business, industry, or even law.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration/Finance
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
Popular minors: Management Information Systems
School: Business and Technology
Department(s): Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the finance degree program.
- Global and domestic economic theory
- Investment strategies and growth projection
- Concepts and principles of economics
- Financial functions within a business
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Financial analyst
- Business analyst
- Banker / loan officer
- Chief financial officer
- Financial advisor
- Investment analyst
- Credit analyst
- Insurance and risk manager
- Securities trader
- Real estate agent
- Banks and financial institutions
- Financial consulting firms
- Investment companies
- Government / federal agencies
- Insurance companies
- Businesses and organizations
- Real estate companies
- Credit agencies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Non-profit organizations
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 92% of the full-time faculty in this department holding the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the finance degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the finance degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a business administration (finance) degree. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.