As a successful business leader, you need to spend money to make money. It’s important to have a solid knowledge of financial operations. To run a successful business, you need to be wise with your finances and know how to plan a solid budget. At WSC, you’ll study these things and more about business as you pursue a finance degree. A finance degree will prepare you to talk money with fellow business leaders, and you’ll be ready to start a career in business, industry, or even law.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department(s): Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Global and domestic economic theory
- Investment strategies and growth projection
- Concepts and principles of economics
- Financial functions within a business
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Financial analyst
- Business analyst
- Banker / loan officer
- Chief financial officer
- Financial advisor
- Investment analyst
- Credit analyst
- Insurance and risk manager
- Securities trader
- Real estate agent
- Banks and financial institutions
- Financial consulting firms
- Investment companies
- Government / federal agencies
- Insurance companies
- Businesses and organizations
- Real estate companies
- Credit agencies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Non-profit organizations
Learn from the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 85% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you’ll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a degree in finance. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.