Chemistry is an important and useful study if you want to enter a health profession. The chemistry health sciences degree at Wayne State College takes the study of chemistry and focuses it on the health and medical fields. This focus allows you to connect and understand the physical and biological sciences and how they relate to the medical profession. With a chemistry health sciences degree, you will be prepared to move on with career possibilities such as a physician, pharmacist, or similar health profession, or graduate work in chemistry.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Chemical processes and materials
- Chemical experiment and design
- Analytical, organic, and inorganic chemistry
- Molecular genetics
- Human anatomy
- Probability and statistics
- University physics and experimentation
- Advanced lab techniques and management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Research, observation, and analysis of data
- Time management
- Medical lab technician
- Medical research scientist
- Forensic scientist
- Chemical engineer
- Physician Assistant
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Medical research labs
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Environmental agencies
- Public health organizations
- Government / federal agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Chemical companies
- Cosmetic companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Energy and utility companies
Learn from the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 85% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, activities, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Research projects, class trips, and more – Conduct your own research and present your work at regional conferences. Additionally, you’ll have opportunities to help judge at the Nebraska Science Bowl and Jr. Academy of Science Fairs and also visit area analytical science labs.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
Before graduating with your degree in chemistry, we encourage you to first complete an internship in order to gain field experience. Career Services is available to help you find the best internship opportunities in your field of study.