A business degree is an excellent foundation for any career you wish to pursue, with core classes that teach you how a company or organization works. Choosing a concentration will take you even further, developing your skill set in a particular area and giving you insight into one or more features that contribute to a successful business.
There are several concentrations you can choose from:
Human Resource Management (also available online)
Management (also available online)
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
Business foundation: 15
Business core: 27
Concentrations: 21 (Public accounting requires 49 hours)
General education: 41
To graduate from WSC: 120
Popular minors: Computer Information Systems, Economics, International Studies, Management Information Systems, Merchandising and Design, Psychology, Spanish, Speech Communication, Sport Management
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Accounting fundamentals
- Principles of economics
- Managerial finance
- Production and operations management
- Management theory and practice
- Principles of marketing
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Business owner / CEO
- Human resource specialist
- Office manager
- Financial advisor
- Store manager
- Marketing coordinator
- Insurance agent
- Bank or loan officer
- Real estate agent
- Business and corporations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Accounting firms
- Retail stores
- Insurance companies
- Real estate agencies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Government agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Manufacturing companies
Learn from the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 85% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- Sigma Beta Delta
- Delta Sigma Pi (collegiate business organization)
- Phi Beta Lambda (collegiate business organization)
- Pi Omega Pi (national business education honorary)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise)
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a degree in business administration. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.