In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and aid for your business administration degree.
Business Administration Degree Program
A business administration degree is an excellent foundation for any career you wish to pursue, with core classes that teach you how a company or organization works. Choosing a concentration in the business administration degree program will take you even further, developing your skill set in a particular area and giving you insight into one or more features that contribute to a successful business.
There are several concentrations you can choose from:
Human Resource Management (also available online)
Management (also available online)
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration
Business foundation: 15
Business core: 27
Concentrations: 21 (Public accounting requires 49 hours)
General education: 41
To graduate from WSC: 120
Popular minors: Computer Information Systems, Economics, International Studies, Management Information Systems, Merchandising and Design, Psychology, Spanish, Speech Communication, Sport Management, Travel and Tourism
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Awards and rankings: Our MBA program is consistently ranked high statewide and nationwide, including No. 1 in Nebraska and No. 9 in the U.S. for Most Affordable Online Colleges by OnlineU.org and No. 1 in Nebraska for accredited MBA programs by OnlineMBA.
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the business administration degree program.
- Accounting fundamentals
- Principles of economics
- Managerial finance
- Production and operations management
- Management theory and practice
- Principles of marketing
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Business owner / CEO
- Human resource specialist
- Office manager
- Financial advisor
- Store manager
- Marketing coordinator
- Insurance agent
- Bank or loan officer
- Real estate agent
- Business and corporations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Accounting firms
- Retail stores
- Insurance companies
- Real estate agencies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Government agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Manufacturing companies
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished professionals that have been recognized as experts in their fields. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the business administration degree program.
Vaughn Benson, Ph.D.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the business administration degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization (CEO)
- Delta Sigma Pi (collegiate business organization)
- Phi Beta Lambda (collegiate business organization)
- Pi Omega Pi (National Business Education Honorary)
- Sigma Beta Delta
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a degree in business administration. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.