In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for the agribusiness degree program at Wayne State College.
Agribusiness Degree Program
Here in the Midwest, agriculture is the base of the economy. Having knowledge of the business side can help you make the most out of farming the land. In the agribusiness degree program at Wayne State, you’ll learn the ins and outs of creating a successful farming operation, while also building a solid knowledge of business that can help you in any career path. You’ll learn terminology and lingo, how to negotiate with other business people, and about companies such as seed and chemical organizations that support the agricultural business. What’s more, Wayne State is the perfect location for earning your business administration - agribusiness degree, set right in the heart of Nebraska’s farm country.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration/Agribusiness
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the agribusiness degree program.
- Financial function within a business
- Business management and leadership
- Managerial accounting
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Agronomy sales and service
- Farm management
- Farm product marketing
- Agricultural economist
- Agricultural finance specialist
- Agricultural policy analyst
- Market advisor
- Commodity trader
- Insurance underwriter
- Grain and livestock manager
- Farms and ranches
- Agriculture companies
- Farm equipment manufacturers
- Chemical and seed companies
- Farm product companies
- Government agencies (USDA)
- Financial consulting firms
- Insurance companies
- Non-profit organizations
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 92% of the full-time faculty in this department holding the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the agribusiness degree program.
Vaughn Benson, Ph.D.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the agribusiness degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating from the agribusiness degree program. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.