In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for the agribusiness degree program at Wayne State College.
Agribusiness Degree Program
Agriculture is the foundation of the economy in the Midwest. Agribusiness encompasses any operation related to farming that extends beyond the gate. Having knowledge of all aspects of agribusiness will help you succeed in any ag-related career you choose to pursue. In the agribusiness degree program at Wayne State, you will learn how to successfully manage, market, and optimize a farming operation, while also building a solid knowledge of how agribusiness-related policies and international and domestic market forces impact the entire agriculture industry. Wayne State is the perfect location for studying in the agribusiness degree program, set right in the heart of Nebraska’s farm country.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration/Agribusiness
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the agribusiness degree program.
- Farm operation and management
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Commodity marketing and pricing
- Analysis of current ag-related policies
- Economic analysis of ag business supply chain
- Agronomy sales and service
- Farm management
- Farm product marketing
- Agricultural economist
- Agricultural finance specialist
- Agricultural policy analyst
- Market advisor
- Commodity trader
- Insurance underwriter
- Grain and livestock manager
- Farms and ranches
- Agriculture companies
- Farm equipment manufacturers
- Chemical and seed companies
- Farm product companies
- Government agencies (USDA)
- Financial consulting firms
- Insurance companies
- Non-profit organizations
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished professionals that have been recognized as experts in their fields. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the agribusiness degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the agribusiness degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating from the agribusiness degree program. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.