Good communication is the key to opening many doors. Want to persuade someone to see your point of view? Then you’ll need to learn the art of articulation, discussion, and argumentation. The speech communication minor at Wayne State College focuses on interactions between individuals, groups, and organizations. You’ll hone your communication skills and turn your passion for words and storytelling into a useful tool for relaying accurate information to the public. A communication studies minor is useful for any career where public speaking and leadership is expected. It will help develop your confidence and poise when speaking to groups and individuals, and is a great complement to careers in law, health, business, public relations, media, education, and government.
2021-22 Academic Year
Required Courses: 21 hours
A minor must include a minimum of 12 hours unduplicated by your major(s) and minor(s).
- CNA 201 Small Group Communication (3) or CNA 210 Interpersonal Communcation (3)
- CNA 252 Public Address (3) or CNA 302 Language and Human Behavior (3)
- CNA 317 Argumentation (3)
- CNA 346 Organizational Communication I (3)
- CNA 418 Health Communication (3)
- CNA 442 Communication and Rhetorical Theory (3) or CNA 478 Communication Ethics (3)
- CNA 467 Intercultural Communication (3) or CNA 470 Family Communication (3) or CNA 471 Mass Media and Society (3)