In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for your human resource management degree at Wayne State College.
Business (Human Resource Management) Degree Program
Do you have an interest in maximizing employee performance within an organization? Do you want to hire the right people for a position? Do you want to help people have fulfilling careers within an organization? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you should consider the human resource management degree from Wayne State College. The HR management program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness through the management of people within organizations. The concentration focuses on the necessary human resource management practices that support the organization’s business strategy: training and development, recruitment and selection, employee compensation and benefits, labor law and employee relations, performance, and motivation. With a human resource management degree, you’ll be ready to take on a career in any company or organization.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
This program is also available online.
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
Popular minor: Pre-Law
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Workforce planning, recruitment, and job design
- Employment laws and regulations
- Human resource information systems
- Conflict management and resolution
- Financial function within a business
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Human resources manager
- Human resources coordinator
- Compensation manager
- Benefits specialist
- Labor relations specialists
- Team leader
- Training and development manager
- Human resources consultant
- Employment recruiter
- Job development specialist
- Office manager
- Employment agencies
- Government / federal agencies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- HR consulting firms
- Job placement agencies
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Non-profit organizations
- Banking and financial institutions
- Retail stores
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 86% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, events, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a business administration - human resources management degree. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.