In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and aid for the Accounting degree program.
About the Accounting Degree Program
You have a head for numbers. You have a heart for business. The Accounting degree program at Wayne State College may be the path for you. Your educational experiences here will not only equip you to create and analyze financial information, but also prepare you for a career where others ask you for advice on important decisions because you will often understand the business better than anyone else. Class activities and projects promote development of what you need for success in the accounting profession, beyond technical skills in accounting, tax, and auditing. These include verbal, writing, social, and technology skills. Through this program, Wayne State strives to build professionals of high integrity for placement in business, public accounting firms, governmental entities, or non-profit organizations. Bottom line, realize that a wide variety of accounting career opportunities exists, that accounting graduates are in high demand, and that Wayne State College is here to foster your growth as a future business professional.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration/Accounting
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Accreditation: International Accreditation Council for Business Education
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the Accounting degree program.
- Financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Understanding and generating financial reports
- General knowledge of income tax laws
- Fundamentals required to preare tax returns
- Familiarity with audits and assurance services
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Budget analyst
- Accounting manager
- Financial manager
- Accounting software advisor
- Financial analyst
- Tax preparer
- Cost accountant
- Accounting firms
- Banks and financial institutions
- Businesses and corporations
- Government / federal agencies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Non-profit organizations
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Software / tech companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Service providers
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished professionals that have been recognized as experts in their fields. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the Accounting degree program.
TJ Canann, Ph.D.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the Accounting degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating with a Business Administration - Accounting degree from Wayne State College. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.