In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for the business management degree program at Wayne State College.
About the Business Management Degree Program
Are you looking for a degree that can land you a job in virtually any business? Then think management degree. All organizations employ managers - industry, government, religious, political, economic, educational, construction, retail, and so on. Managers are critical to getting the job done well and are always on the cutting edge of decision-making and problem-solving. WSC’s business management degree program lays a firm foundation in organizational knowledge, problem-solving, and decision-making - through coursework, application projects, and case studies. By covering foundational material in organizational structure, human behavior in organizations, production and operations, computer information systems, and management science, our management program provides the necessary material for beginning a career, going to graduate school (for example, an MBA from Wayne State), or basic considerations for starting your own business.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration/Management
This program is also available online.
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the business management degree program.
- Managerial and supervisory relations and strategies
- Applying analytical approaches to management issues
- Managerial accounting
- Workforce planning and organizational design
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Business owner
- Project manager
- Team leader
- Store manager
- Business analyst
- Account executive
- Sales manager
- Project manager
- Operations manager
- Human resource manager
- Financial manager
- Administrative assistant
- Business and corporations
- Manufacturing companies
- Retail stores
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Banks and financial institutions
- Government / federal agencies
- Insurance companies
- Manufacturing companies
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 92% of the full-time faculty in this department holding the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the business management degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the business management degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Business Competition Day – Show your leadership skills by helping to facilitate and judge this annual competition, where hundreds of students from Nebraska and Iowa high schools compete for a chance to win scholarships.
- Executive in Residence - Meet corporate pros at this annual event and address real-world concerns, including topics such as business ethics, corporate culture, leadership, and the changing world of business.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating from the business management degree program. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.