The Master of Science (MSE) offers concentrations in these areas:
About the Program
- professional dispositions that pervade every aspect of their profession.
- unique nature of individual learners--cognitively, linguistically, socially, emotionally,
- content required for their assigned position.
- effective strategies to foster engagement and build the relationships that lead
- professional responsibility and professional skills required for their position.
Degree or Thesis Option
Graduate students have the choice of two different program options, thesis or non-thesis.
The thesis option requires a minimum of 30 credit hours of course work plus 6 credits for the thesis. The thesis must be written in the area of specialization, the credit, however, may be applied toward the major field or electives.
The non-thesis option requires a minimum of 36 credit hours of course work plus placement of one substantive final research artifact, such as a paper, project, portfolio or a comprehensive examination.