Wayne State College awards offers more than $3.3 million in more than 200 types of scholarships. Make sure to apply for scholarships specifically for transfer students as well as your area of study.
Metropolitan Community College Transfer Agreement
The MCC to WSC transfer agreement is a great opportunity to build your resume by turning your associate degree into a bachelor's degree. Wayne State College offers a bachelor's degree in technology through Metropolitan Community College (MCC) in Omaha. If you already have an A.A. or AAS from MCC, you can transfer those credits to complete your bachelor's degree through Wayne State while taking classes at MCC facilities in Omaha.
MCC and WSC also have business degree articulations that make it easy for you to transfer from MCC to WSC. WSC business classes for your bachelor's are offered in Wayne, with some online options.
If you are attending MCC for any other area of study, consider continuing your education at Wayne State College. Whether you have your associate degree or just a few classes under your belt, transferring to Wayne State is an excellent option to earn your four-year degree. Learn more about transferring to WSC.
B.S. from WSC
Hours required: You can transfer up to 80 semester hours (120 quarter hours) from MCC to WSC toward your B.S. in Technology. You can transfer up to 66 hours (99 quarter hours) toward your B.S. in other degrees. You must have earned a "C-" or better in these courses. Then you'll need at least 120 credit hours total to graduate with your bachelor's degree from WSC.
Transfer Programs of Study
Turn your associate degree from Metropolitan Community College into a bachelor's degree in technology from Wayne State College.
Other programs: If you are interested in a different area of study, view all programs available to you at WSC.
Business Degree Programs
Get your associate degree at Metro, then transfer to Wayne State College to complete your bachelor's degree.
Classes for these programs are held in Wayne, and some are also available online. The business management and human resource management programs are fully available online.
Technology Degree Programs
A variety of MCC degrees may be accepted in full toward a B.S. in Technology from WSC. Use the dropdown menus to explore the accepted programs. Students that have completed one of these degrees will be allowed to transfer up to 80 semester credits (120 quarter credits) toward their WSC degree.
- Architectural Design Technician
- Architectural Design Technology - AEC Professions
- Architectural Engineering Design Technician
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology - AEC Professions
- Construction and Building Science - Construction Management
- Construction and Building Science - Construction Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
Industrial and Transportation
- Critical Facilities Operations
- Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technology
- Industrial Distribution
- Manufacturing, Power, and Process Operations Technology - Bio-Procession
- Manufacturing, Power, and Process Operations Technology - Manufacturing Process Operations
- Manufacturing, Power, and Process Operations - Technology - Nuclear Power Plant Non-Licensed Operator
- Manufacturing, Power, and Process Operations Technology - Power Plant
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Precision Machine Technology - CNC and Tool and Die Technology
- Precision Machine Technology - CNC Technology
- Welding Technology
- Cisco Network Technician
- Cyber Security
- Data Center Operations
- Database Management and Data Analysis
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Front End Web Development
- Full-Stack Web Development
- Programming for Database/Web
- Interdisciplinary Studies - Prototype Design
- Server Administration
- General Studies AAS degree that includes “Career and Technical Education” as one of the two areas from which coursework has been chosen
- Agricultural occupations
- Computer occupations
- Construction occupations
- Drafting occupations
- Industrial management occupations
- Industrial trades occupations
- Management services occupations
- Manufacturing occupations
- Safety occupations
Scholarships for Transfer Students
General Studies Requirements
If you are following the transfer agreement to earn your bachelor's degree in technology, your general studies requirements are worked into the plan. If you are transferring other credits, learn how your credits may qualify for your general studies requirements.
For more information, contact:
For the technology degree program:
Metropolitan Community College, Center for Advanced and Emerging Technology
Fort Omaha Campus Building #24
For all other degrees:
Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Students
Wayne State College