The Wildcat Spirit Short Film Festival at Wayne State College is a great opportunity to meet other filmmakers and grow in your filmmaking skills, with the opportunity to show and discuss your film project at WSC. The festival is open to high school and college students and is free to attend. Submissions are also free and open from Sept. 1, 2018, through Feb. 28, 2019. Film showing and discussion at WSC is April 2, 2019.
Wildcat Spirit Short Film Festival
- Short Shorts: Films five minutes or less
- Narrative: Scripted narrative projects not to exceed 20 minutes
- Comedy: Comedic short projects not to exceed 20 minutes
- Documentary: Documentary films not to exceed 20 minutes
- Sci-Fi / Fantasy: Films with Sci-Fi / fantasy themes. These films may also be entered in narrative and/or horror.
- Horror: Films with horror themes. These films may also be entered in narrative and/or Sci-Fi.
Division awards are given to those who attend.
Lights, Camera, Action!
An event schedule will be available closer to the event date.
Information on Submitting Films
Films must be submitted by Feb. 1, 2018, and may only be submitted online through Film Freeway.
Rules and Guidelines
Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified. If you are submitting multiple films, each film must be submitted as a seperate entry.
If a film is not in English, it must have legible English language subtitles.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. Wildcat Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement relateed to the work.
Every precaution will be taknen to safeguard all materials sent to the festival, but the festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the festival.
Each official selection will require the following:
- Full cast and crew list.
- Film synopsis: 120-word logline/synopsis of the film and a 20-word logline/synopsis of the film. Short films are only required to provide the 20-word logline.
Stated submitter will be considered the contact person for the film and thus will be the only one receiving emails and information regarding the status of the film's acceptance in the festival.
Notification of Entry Status: Filmmakers will be notified by late February 2018 as to whether or not their film has been offiically selected. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email verifying your acceptance.