Wayne State College

Planning for College

FAQs for School Counselors


What scholarships are available for all students?

Check out the scholarships page.

What financial aid is available for students?

Wayne State student can qualify for loans and grants. In fact, approximately 75% of our undergraduate students receive financial aid. Check out all your options on the Financial Aid page.

Where will the student live?

Wayne State College provides seven all co-ed residence halls for its students. All halls are wired for the campus computer network.

Freshman students under 20 years of age are required to live in a campus residence hall unless they (1) are married or (2) are living with their parents or legal guardians, or (3) have already lived in a campus residence hall for one full academic year.

Do students need a meal plan?

Yes. All students residing in the residence halls must participate in a meal plan. Students living off-campus can elect to to participate in a meal plan.

Is the campus safe for students?

Yes. The Wayne State College Security Department is available 24-7 for assistance, response to incidents, and prevention.

Do students have a curfew?

No, there are no curfews set. There are, however, visitation hours for guests of WSC residence halls. Visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to midnight Monday through Thursday with 24-hour visitation from 10 a.m. Friday to midnight Sunday.

Is alcohol allowed on campus?

No. The possession or consumption of alcohol and /or illegal drugs is prohibited. There are policies and consequences implemented to control the use of alcohol and drugs on campus.

Is Wayne State College an accredited institution?

Yes. The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools has accredited all the undergraduate and graduate programs of WSC, including education specialist. The baccalaureate degrees have been approved since 1933, the master’s degrees since 1962, and the education specialist degree since 1983. The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education has accredited all of the College’s undergraduate programs since 1954 and all graduate programs since 1962. The college is approved at both undergraduate and graduate levels by the Nebraska Board of Education.

Will students be able to have a job on campus?

Yes. Part-time, straight time, and summer jobs are available on WSC campus. Federal work-study may also be an option for WSC students.

Learn more on the Career Services page.

What extra-curricular activities are available for the students?

Wayne State College has more than 85 clubs and organizations to join. Free concerts, movies, comedians, etc., are available all year long. Many students enjoy participating in intramurals or club sports, too.

How can my students schedule a campus visit? 

Several on-campus experience are available throughout the year. Explore all campus experience opportunities.

Where can I find out more about WSC's courses? 

Consult the WSC General and Graduate Course Catalog.

Where can I find out more about WSC's majors and what courses are required? 

Explore our 130+ Programs of Study.

Can you recommend other useful web sites for me and my students?

Yes! We've compiled the following list of helpful web sites that cover everything from scholarships, to financial aid, to applying for college.

Financial Aid
ACT Online
Fastweb Scholarships
U.S. Department of Education
Veterans Affairs
EducationQuest Foundation
Nebraska State College System