Nebraska is one of the top three states with the fastest growth in technology jobs. For companies to grow and prosper, employees who have the ability to design, deploy, integrate, and manage emerging (advanced manufacturing, robotics, and 3-D printing) and traditional (construction, manufacturing, and planning/design) technologies are needed. The manufacturing management degree program at Wayne State College will prepare you for a career as a production worker, a production supervisor, or an applied engineer. With a degree in manufacturing management, you’ll be prepared for introductory supervisory roles in business and industry. Combining technical content with business courses, this program was developed with the awareness and assistance of a business, industry, and education advisory council, which means you can count on an education well-suited for your pursuit of a leadership role in manufacturing.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Applied engineering
- Manufacturing operations
- Computer numeric control (CNC) machining
- Production techniques
- Computer integrated manufacturing
- Production planning
- Quality control
- Order fulfillment
- Problem-solving, research, and design
- Manufacturing manager
- Production supervisor
- Applied engineer
- Building materials manager
- Plant manager
- Inventory manager
- CNC programmer/estimator
- Fabrication companies
- Transportation equipment manufacturing companies
- Chemical manufacturing companies
- Machinery manufacturing companies
- Food manufacturing companies
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 86% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, art shows, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- Associated General Contractors of America
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester. Projects in this field include building and rehabilitating houses with local Habitat for Humanity affiliates and homeowners.
- Field trips – Visit local construction and manufacturing facilities to meet pros in the industry and get a peek at operations behind the scenes to watch how things are made.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad – Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
You’ll have a chance to work with local companies in this field to help gain experience and earn credit toward your degree in manufacturing management. Career Services is also available to help you find the best internship opportunities.