- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Anthology Portfolio
- Campus Cable TV
- Cat Card
- Classroom Technology
- File Storage
- Get Connected (Internet)
- Kaltura (Video Management)
- M365 (Office 365)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- Office Technology
- Online Student Resources
- Outlook Email
- PaperCut (Printing)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Operating a State Vehicle
Travel Log Entries:
1. Must be made when picking up the vehicle and upon returning vehicle to the motor pool.
2. Trips of more than one day must show each day of the trip and the miles traveled each day.
3. If the ending mileage of the previous entry differs from your starting mileage, note the discrepancy on the travel log.
4. Must be legible and complete.
5. Do not make travel entries in the margins or on the back side of the form. If a new travel log form is needed, talk with Motor Pool or Facility Services staff before departing.
No Smoking in the vehicle.
The Voyager Fuel Card and a list of stations accepting the card are in the folder.
Remove all trash and personal items from the vehicle. The trash can is located near the Motor Pool door.
Fill the gas tank when returning after business hours.
For Assistance Due to Mechanical Breakdown
1. During regular business hours - Contact the TSB Service Center, 1-866-872-6510 or 402-471-2381. The TSB representative will provide guidance on the repair process.
2. After regular business hours, on a weekend or holiday – Call the Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) Dispatch Office at 402-479-4921. You will be asked for the location of the vehicle and the vehicle’s license number. NSP will dispatch a towing service to the vehicle’s location. Upon their arrival, present a “Roadside Assistance – Tow Operator” card to the tow company’s driver (found in the vehicle glove box or center console). The towing vendor will take the vehicle to the nearest service garage/repair shop or state yard.
3. Notify WSC: during business hours call 402-375-7274 or 1-800-228-9972. After business hours, contact Campus Security 402-375-7216 OR Motor Pool 402-375-7278 to leave word about the status of the vehicle. Motor Pool staff will notify TSB the next business day.
FOR VEHICLE PROBLEMS THAT DO NOT RESULT IN A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN (flat tire, check engine light, unusual mechanical noise, extreme wheel vibration, etc.): notify Motor Pool upon returning to WSC. If you are returning a vehicle after hours, please call Campus Security and report the condition so that they can flag the vehicle for the next driver if it is scheduled to go out again before Motor Pool personnel are on duty. Also, note the problem on the back side of the log sheet AND call Facility Services or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) to report the problem first thing upon returning to work.
Note: The vehicle’s Voyager card may be used for emergency repair expenses; however, any expense over $175 must be approved by TSB in advance.
Vehicle problems that do not result in a mechanical breakdown
(flat tire, check engine light, unusual mechanical noise, extreme wheel vibration, etc.)
1. Note the problem on the back side of the log sheet.
2. Call Facility Services or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to report the problem first thing upon returning to work during business hours. If you are returning a vehicle after hours, please call Campus Security 402-375-7216 and report the condition so that they can flag the vehicle for the next driver if it is scheduled to go out again before Motor Pool personnel are on duty.
Fueling Vehicles in Lincoln
All vehicles, when fueled in Lincoln or the immediate vicinity, are to be fueled at State operated fueling stations. Approved fueling stations are located at 5001 South 14th Street (NDOR), I-180 and Superior Streets (NDOR), 1501 M Street (TSB Rental Center) and 14th & Military Road (UNL Motor Pool Facility).
Note: Fuel purchases made at commercial locations within Lincoln will be billed back to the budget of the driver responsible for the vehicle at the time of purchase.
When returning a vehicle after business hours, please fill the gas tank. The vehicle may be scheduled to depart again prior to Motor Pool service hours. This courtesy to your fellow drivers is appreciated by all.
Last Updated: 11/25/2019