- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Cat Card
- Classroom Technology
- File Storage
- Get Connected (Internet)
- M365 (Office 365)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office Technology
- Online Student Resources
- Outlook Email
- PaperCut (Printing)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Get Connected - Chromebook or Android Device
The information being provided is very generic due to the fact that the setup for connecting to a wireless network tends to vary based on the manufacturer of the Android device you own. Please contact the the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 if you are unable to get connected.
1. Open Settings.
a. You can do this either from your main screen by selecting your menu button and then Settings (System Settings) or by accessing the Settings app within your all Apps (App Tray/App Drawer)
2. Select Wi-Fi .
a. If your Wi-Fi toggle is turned off, you will need to turn it on.
3. From the list of available networks, select WSC-Secure.
4. Under EAP method, select PEAP.
5. Under Phase 2 Authentication, select MSCHAPV2.
6. Under CA Certificate, select Do Not Validate.
7. Under Identity, enter your WSC username (ex: josmit01).
8. If an Annonymous Identity field is provided, leave it blank.
9. Under Password, enter your WSC password.
10. Select Connect.
You should now be connected to WSC-Secure.
Please contact the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 or visit us in the library if you are still having problems connecting.
Last Updated: 9/11/2019