- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- Cat Card
- Faculty/Staff/Student Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected (Wifi)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office 365
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
In order to access the internet some devices require registration. Each student is allowed four registered devices. Devices that require registration are: set-top boxes, smart TVs, game consoles, Ethernet-connected computers, and Blu-Ray players.
Some devices are designed to be used on a home, or small-scale, network and may not work (even if registered properly) on our large, enterprise network. Our Service Center staff will do their best to help, but cannot gurantee a network connection for devices such as Google Chromecasts, Google Home devices, Amazon Echo devices, Apple HomePod, or most "smart home" tech such as smart lightbulbs, smart plugs, etc.
1. Make sure the device you are registering is turned off.
2. Go to the WSC home page and click on the myWSC at the top. Log into myWSC with your WSC username and password, then click Device Registration from All Applications.
3. Log in to the Device Registration portal using your WSC username and password.
4. Next, click on Create Device listed in the left-hand menu.
5. Then, fill in the required fields:
a. Name your device (this is simply how it displays under your account).
i. Example: Xbox 360.
b. Choose the Device Type from the drop-down menu.
c. Enter the MAC or Physical Address (See tutorials on How to Find the MAC Address for further information.)
i. Example: 00:1A:2B:3C:4D:5E
d. Check the box next to Enable AirGroup to use an Apple TV or Wireless Printer.
i. Select the type of owership either Personal or Shared. Personal ownership only allows you to use the device. Shared ownership allows multiple people to use the device and there is no owner of the device (i.e. your roommate)
e. OR leave the box unchecked for all other devices.
7. Last, click Create Device. To see your active devices click on List Devices in the left-hand menu. To manage your devices please see the Registered Device Management tutorial.
8. Connect to the WSC-Guest wireless network.
You should now be connected to WSC-Guest. If the device is not connected refer to the Get Connected help sheets.
Please contact the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 or visit us in the library if you are still having problems connecting.
Last Updated: 9/11/2019