In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for your degree in computer networking at Wayne State College.
The demand for IT professionals is high with our dependence upon technology in the workplace. Computer networks make up the backbone of businesses, requiring connectivity across many platforms. With the computer networking degree program, you’ll be prepared for jobs in the IT sector like network administration and systems analyst. In the computer networking degree program at Wayne State, you will learn principles and concepts of computing along with organizational and business concepts. You’ll gain practical skills in the areas of programming, networking, systems development, hardware, operating systems, and databases. Along with specialized knowledge in computer networking, you will discover the types and range of career opportunities in the field. You’ll also gain an understanding of the contexts and environments surrounding the development and uses of information systems, and when you graduate, you’ll be ready for a career in information technology and computer networking.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A., B.S.
For concentration: 57
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
School: Business and Technology
Department: Computer Technology and Information Systems
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Computer network setup and design
- Computer troubleshooting
- Network and server technologies
- Analysis and design of computer information systems
- Database design and development using SQL
- Computer programming
- Business management and leadership
- Legal environment of business
- Time management and organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Network specialist
- Network architect
- Systems administrator
- Information technology specialist
- Network security consultant
- IT administrator
- Server engineer
- IT support specialist
- Database administrator
- Computer repair technician
- Computer forensics specialist
- Chief information officer
- Government / federal agencies
- Hospitals and medical clinics
- Businesses and corporations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Insurance companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Communications companies
- Data warehouse companies
- Information technology companies
- Non-profit organizations
- Technical support centers
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 87% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Competitions, trips, and more – Show your skills and compete for awards at robotics and programming competitions, attend guest speaker events, and tour professional IT facilities to learn more about your field and meet pros in the industry.
- Community events – Conduct workshops to help teach computing topics to local senior citizen groups, help promote the technology recycling program, serve as a judge for the Web Wizardry Competition, and even present at local schools for technology career days.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
As part of your studies, you’ll complete a project for a “real-world” business to earn credit toward your degree in e-commerce. We also frequently employ students in our Network and Technology Services Department to give you additional field experience. Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities as well.