In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and aid for the fashion merchandising degree program at Wayne State College.
About the Program
Fashion is a business - a complex yet vibrant industry that is the fourth largest in the world. There is a constant need for new professionals. In recent years, fashion has seen much change. The internet has driven growth in online retail and social media marketing. The fashion merchandising degree program at Wayne State offers the best in traditional yet relevant content. It combines this with coursework in technology, fashion forecasting, and product development to keep you up-to-date with current industry needs. The fashion merchandising degree program is rounded out with business coursework in law, management, marketing, and accounting. Whether you want to own a business, become a buyer, or develop a product brand or line, the fashion merchandising degree program will prepare you to enter this exciting industry.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Clothing construction
- Business plan development
- Retail financial management
- Product line development and marketing
- Digital visual illustrative techniques
- Adobe Creative Suite®
- Sustainable and ethical fashion management
- Visual merchandising
- Fashion forecasting
- Retail merchandising and management
- Portfolio development
- Business owner
- Retail manager
- Retail buyer
- Merchandise manager
- Visual merchandiser
- Fashion stylist
- Fashion forecaster
- Product line manager
- Product promoter
- Fashion consultant
- Digital marketing manager
- Retail stores
- Boutiques and specialty stores
- E-commerce fashion companies
- Clothing manufacturers
- Manufacturing vendors
- Fashion consulting companies
- Fashion forecasting companies
- Wholesale and distribution companies
- Fashion design businesses
- Market research firms
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 87% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Omaha Fashion Week
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before completing the fashion merchandising degree program. Career Services is available to help you find internships and job opportunities in this field of study.