Within the first two weeks of classes:
- Find out the name of your advisor (from your Wildcats Online account, the Holland Academic Success Center, an academic dean, or the Registrar’s Office).
- Make an appointment to see your advisor.
- Introduce yourself to your advisor.
Before your appointment with your advisor:
- Review the catalog (on-line) and read the specific requirements which must be completed within your major/endorsement.
- Print a copy or review your unofficial transcript from Wildcats Online and bring notes to the meeting with your advisor.
- Make a list of possible future courses you wish to enroll in and jot down specific questions about the courses and your future plans.
During your appointment, visit with your advisor concerning:
- Your life and career plans, academic goals, major field interest areas and electives.
- Present the outline of your course work and talk about the time frame for program, course or degree completion.
- Discuss the specific or general requirements which you have noted from your catalog with your advisor. Ask for clarification.
Prior to pre-registration:
- Make an appointment with your advisor.
- Check on-line class schedule choices.
- Review the class schedule and prepare a preliminary semester schedule.
Review with your advisor:
- The courses for the next registration period recorded on your preliminary schedule.
- How your next semester’s classes fit in with your overall program.
- Receive registration instructions from your advisor and follow posted information.
- Periodically stop by and inform your advisor about how you are getting along.
- If you have a double major or endorsement it is a good idea to have an academic advisor for both fields of study.