Why hire a Wayne State student?
For more than 100 years, Wayne State College has been devoted to student success and regional service. The majority of our students hail from rural communities, where children are raised in the spirit of hard work, perseverance, and resilience. These traits are attractive to prospective employers and make rural four-year degree holders some of the most sought-after workers in the country. By combining the learning experiences from a co-op program with our rigorous classroom curriculum taught in state-of-the-art facilities, Wayne State College serves as a workforce development leader in Nebraska.
As a hiring employer, you’ll provide a full-time paid position that is relevant to the student’s career. You will mentor the student and evaluate their performance. Employers will host a short site visit by WSC midway through the semester to collaborate on the student’s progress in the program.
In return, you’ll have access to motivated productive students who can perform junior-level tasks. This frees up your experienced personnel to work on higher priority projects. In return, you’ll have access to:
- Students who are eager, motivated, and ready to learn
- Students with high-tech skills that can provide new perspectives
- A recruiting pipeline while onboarding co-op students into your work culture
- A way to preview and train future employees before graduation
- The ability to interview and choose the students you want (“known talent”)
- Access to a skilled, short-term, cost-effective workforce to fill potential full-time positions
- Reduced costs associated with recruiting and training new hires