Do you have an interest in becoming a lawyer or paralegal? Explore your interests in the legal field and prepare yourself for admission into law school with a pre-law minor. While most law schools do not require completion of these courses for admission, you’ll gain valuable skills that will help you in any profession. You’ll gain exposure to legal theory and procedure, and learn to enhance your critical thinking, writing, and communication skills. Through these preparatory classes, you’ll learn how to best prepare for the rigorous demands of law school and do well once enrolled.
2020-21 Academic Year
Required Courses: 21 hours
A minor must include a minimum of 12 hours unduplicated by your major(s) and minor(s).
* Indicates prerequisites waived with instructor approval for students in this minor.
- POS 100 American National Government (3)
- POS 420 American Constitutional Law (3)
- ENG 200 Expository Writing or CNA 317 Argumentation or *CNA 342 Persuasion or PHI 310 Logic (3)
- BUS 222 Business Law I or BUS 223 Business Law II or CJA 200 Criminal Law or CNA 475 Communication Law (3)
Chose 9 hours from the following:
- CJA 360 Homeland Security and Terrorism (3)
- ECO 202 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ECO 203 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- *GEO 305 Political Geography (3)
- GEO 320 Urban Geography (3)
- PHI 201 Origins of Western Philosophy (3)
- PHI 202 History of Modern Philosophy (3)
- POS 315 Seminar in Political Theory (3)
- POS 355 Politics of the Supreme Court (3)
- POS 425 Rights and Liberties (3)
- POS 430 Public Policy (3)
- *PSY 316 Social Psychology (3)
- *SOC 305 Sociology of Deviance (3)
- *SOC 460 Social Inequalities (3)