Total Hours: 36
This is a supplemental endorsement and requires that you already have a valid regular teaching certificate.
Professional education core: 12 hours
- EDU 603 Introduction to Educational Research and Design (3)
- EDU 652 Instructional Theory and Practice (3)
- EDU 658 Fundamentals of Curriculum Dev. PK-16 (3)
- EDU 674 History and Philosophy of Education (3)
ESL concentration: 15 hours
- CNA 567 Intercultural Communication (3)
- EDU 515 ESL Programs, Curriculum, and Assessment (3)
- EDU 516 ESL Methods and Assessment (3)
- EDU 517 ESL Practicum PK-12 (3)
- ENG 526 Linguistic Theory and Applications (3)
Electives: 9 hours
600 level or above
Licensing and Certification: Wayne State academic programs are designed to prepare students for licensure or certification in Nebraska. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Nebraska, please check that state's licensing board to determine their licensing requirements. Authorization may be required from them prior to beginning a clinical or field experience in that state. Learn more.