The Master of Science (MSE) - Curriculum & Instruction - Instructional Leadership offers concentrations in several areas.
The Curriculum & Instruction - Instructional Leadership program is designed for PK-12 teachers and other individuals who desire to enhance their teaching, leadership and curriculum development skills through an advance degree program. This is a 36-credit hour program.
Core Courses (12 credit hours)
EDU 603 Introduction to Graduate Studies and Research (3 credit hours)
EDU 652 Instructional Theory and Practice (3 credit hours)
EDU 658 Fundamentals of Curriculum Development PK-16 (3 credit hours)
EDU 674 History and Philosophy of Education (3 credit hours)
Electives (emphasis specific substitutions allowed*) (0-12 hours)
EDU 626 Advanced Educational Psychology (3 credit hours)
EDU 627 Current Issues & Trends in Education (3 credit hours)
EDU 655 School Law: Constitutional Aspects & Cases (3 credit hours)
EDU 693 Final Research (3 credit hours)
Thesis (optional) (6 hours)
EDU 699 Thesis (6 credit hours)
[This option is only for those Content areas requiring a Thesis.]
*students may substitute Content Area Emphasis courses as Electives if desired
Explore the areas of emphasis on the right for additional coursework.
- Business & Information Technology Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language
- English Education
- Exercise Science
- Family & Consumer Sciences Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Mathematics Education
- Music Education
- Reading Specialist PK-12
- Science Education
- Social Sciences Education
About the Program
- professional dispositions that pervade every aspect of their profession.
- unique nature of individual learners--cognitively, linguistically, socially, emotionally,
- content required for their assigned position.
- effective strategies to foster engagement and build the relationships that lead
- professional responsibility and professional skills required for their position.
- Completed Admissions Application
- Official Transcripts
- Writing Sample
- Recommendation Form