Wayne State College

Credit for Prior Military Experience

Current and former service members may receive college credit for prior education or military experience acquired while in service to our country. This means you could spend less time and money in earning your degree. A veteran with an honorable discharge from active duty can receive such credit in accordance with ACE (American Council on Education). ACE collaborates with the Department of Defense (DoD) to review your training and experiences in order to recommend appropriate course credit. Veterans should contact the Records and Registration Office at WSC for further assistance.

Receiving Credit

  1. Submit a Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transcript. These transcripts provide a description of military schooling and work history in civilian language.
    • Joint Services Transcript (JST) - The JST is for members of the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve, and Veterans. Visit the JST website to request transcripts.
    • Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transcript - For members of the Air Force. Visit the CCAF website to request Air Force transcripts.
  2. Submit a copy of your DD214, verifying active duty basic training to receive general studies physical education credit.