Personalized Research Assistance (PRA)
What is Personalized Research Assistance (PRA)?
- A meeting with a librarian for in-depth personalized research assistance with library research and resources.
- The meetings can be up to 45 minutes long and concentrate on the best resources for your assignment.
- We help with understanding library resources, research topics, obtaining materials, evaluate internet resources, citations, and more.
How is it different from assistance at the Reference Desk?
A PRA appointment allows you to meet with a librarian without interruption for an extended period of time. It also gives the librarian a chance to prepare for the meeting and get a better idea of the types of resources available on your topic.
When are appointments available?
You may request a 30- to 45-minute PRA appointment between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How can I make my session most productive?
- Try to schedule your appointment early in your research process.
- Email or drop off a copy of the assignment before your appointment.
- Tell us know what aspect of your research is likely to cause you the most trouble.
- Finally, bring a copy of your assignment and any sources you may have already located with you to your session.
How do I request an appointment?
Complete the PRA Request Form. Copies are also located at the Circulation or Reference Desk.