Eligibility and Applying
- Have an ACT score of 25 or above (or an SAT score of 1100 or above)
- Graduating high school with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
Current or Transfer Students
Students already enrolled or who are transferring to Wayne State from another institution must:
- Have a college grade point average of 3.3 or higher
- Provide a sample of their written work
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member and their academic advisor
Upon acceptance to the program, honors students are immediately eligible to begin taking honors courses.
For continuing WSC students, download the application form here.
Continuing in the Honors Program
In order to continue in the Honors Program, students must maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA or greater, and a 3.3 GPA or better in honors courses. If a student falls below this criteria, he or she will be placed on a semester probation. If the GPA criteria are not met by the following semester, the student will be dropped from the program. The student may apply for reinstatement into the program at a later date but must meet the criteria set forth for a non-honors student.