Eligibility and Applying
Students applying to participate in the Honors Program in their major must meet the application criteria. Application is open to qualified freshmen, transfer, and current WSC students. Students interested in receiving more information about the Honors Program can email the Director of the WSC Honors Program at [email protected].
Incoming First-Year Students
- High school GPA of 3.5/4.0
- Or: ACT score of at least 25
- Or: SAT score of at least 1100
- Completed all the transfer work at the partner community college
- Earned a minimum community college cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Earned a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.5 at WSC
Current WSC Students
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 at WSC.
- Submit an application for the Honors Program
Upon acceptance to the program, honors students are immediately eligible to begin taking honors courses.
Continuing in the Honors Program
In order to continue in the Honors Program, students must maintain at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA, and at least a 3.3 GPA in honors courses. If a student falls below either of these, he or she will be placed on a semester probation. If the GPA criteria are not met by the following semester, the student will not be permitted to continue in the program. The student may apply for reinstatement into the program at a later date but must meet the criteria set forth for a non-honors student.
To apply, please log in to the honors application with your WSC username and password.