Student Participant Profile
Every student participating in NENTA was selected to participate based on the following criteria:
- The student met ALL criteria for the State of Nebraska Local Substitute Teacher Certificate.
- The student has completed or exceeded all the criteria to pass into Level 2 in the Wayne State College Professional Progress Benchmarks, which include:
- Successful field experience from Introduction to Professional Education
- Positive recommendartions from faculty and all field experience cooperating teachers
- Successfully completing the requirements for Standard Teacher Certification
- Maintaining a 3.3 education, endorsement, and overall GPAs
- Completion of EDU Foundations coursework (EDU 150, 250, 275)
- Passed all three sections of the Praxis I CORE test
- Completed coursework in math, science, social studies, and humanities
- NENTA substitute teachers hold a Nebraska Local Substitute Certificate connected to the 15 school district consortium and Wayne State College School of Education and Counseling.
- The student has distinguished him- or herself as an emerging professional in Teacher Education through:
- Outstanding class attendance
- Outstanding class participation
- Attention to professional grooming habits
- Commitment to punctuality
- Assuming and seeking responsibility
- Completing assignments in a competent and timely manner
- Complying with all other requirements for a State of Nebraska Local Substitute Teaching Certificate
- NENTA subs received one full day of training by the NENTA facilitator.
- NENTA subs attend a one-hour biweekly seminar for continuing education / enrichment using school practitioners and administrators, seminar leaders, and project coordinators.
- NENTA subs complete reflection forms for each substitute experience, and they are provided with feedback from teachers, administrators, and the NENTA facilitator.