The Recognition Committee is responsible for developing plans for presenting years of service awards and recognition lunches for professional staff members. This committee also coordinates the presentation of the bi-annual Professional Staff Recognition Award.
To be eligible to be considered for recognition, a professional staff must meet the following criteria:
- minimum of two years of employment at WSC.
- makes contributions to WSC above and beyond normal job requirements.
- demonstrates positive attitude.
- works well with others.
- supports mission and vision of WSC.
Professional staff members will be recognized once a year at the annual spring brunch. Nominations will be submitted to the Professional Staff Senate. Nominations for the award will be due to the Senate by April 1 of each year. The Senate will review all nominations based on the criteria above and choose a professional staff each year.
Professional staff will not be expected to apply for the recognition for which they have been nominated. It is the nominator’s responsibility to gather letters of support from appropriate sources (peers, supervisors, faculty, students, etc). The recognition award will be presented at the The recognition awards will be presented at the annual spring brunch.
The Professional Staff Senate will make an effort to support a diversity of candidates and avoid duplication of awards from year to year.
Each selected professional staff will receive the following:
- framed certificate of appreciation.
- publicity to include a picture submitted to Wayne Herald, Wayne Stater and included in Campus-at-a-Glance.
- meal provided by the college for employee and guest. This could be on-campus or a gift certificate to a restaurant.
Put Your Paws Together Award
The Put Your Paws Together (PYPT) Award is designed to celebrate employees. The Professional Staff Senate feels it is important to celebrate employees who “go the extra mile” to contribute to the vision and mission of WSC. Please help us recognize employee “pawfection” and nominate a colleague. The award is sponsored by Chartwells and the Professional Staff Senate.
Who is eligible: All WSC Professional and Support Staff employees
How to nominate: Everyone is eligible to nominate a member of support staff or professional staff. Please:
- provide a short description about why you are nominating this individual
- include the nominees name, department, and position, contact information (WSC email or office number)
- indicate if you would prefer the nomination to be anonymous
Email details to Lisa at [email protected]. Please include name, contact information (email or office), comments, etc.
Award: A $5 gift will be added to the recipient's WSC ID as Cat Cash and can be used at any of our locations including concessions.