Congratulations to the Spring Class of 2022 on all your accomplishments at Wayne State! The Spring 2022 graduation ceremonies will take place Saturday, May 7, in the Willow Bowl. (Ceremonies will be moved to Rice Auditorium in case of inclement weather.)
Ceremony time and location
When: Saturday, May 7, 2022
Where: Willow Bowl (WSC Campus)
Ceremonies will be moved to Rice Auditorium in the event of inclement weather. The ceremony will be also livestreamed. Watch Live
Master's ceremony - 10 a.m.
Bachelor's ceremony - 1:30 p.m.
There is no rehearsal. Graduates should arrive at the north side of the Humanities building for check-in 1 hour prior to their respective ceremony. Guests are welcome to arrive 1 hour prior to the respective ceremony.
If guests arrive prior to doors opening, they are welcome to visit the Student Center or wait in the Gardner Auditorium (the overflow seating location).
Information for graduates and guests
Please review the following information carefully, as there is no rehearsal for the graduation ceremony.
Ceremony etiquette and tips
- Do not bring personal items to check-in. Do not bring jewelry or valuables (including purses, cameras, etc.) with you to the ceremony.
- Do not remove decorations, including floral arrangements, from the ceremony venues – they are used for multiple events at WSC.
- Keep available seating clear of obstacles so everyone has a place to sit. If the ceremony is inside, it will be especially important that no seats are unusable because they have something other than a person in them.
- Put your phone on silent mode during the ceremony.
Seating for your guests
Seating - Willow Bowl
Seating is open – first come, first served. Please have your guests bring their preferred seating (lawn chair, blanket, etc.) with them.
Seating - Gardner Auditorium
Gardner Auditorium, located in Gardner Hall, will be open for overflow seating from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. regardless of weather. The ceremonies will be livestreamed in Gardner Auditorium.
Special Needs Seating
If you or any of your guests have special seating needs (e.g. using a wheelchair, crutches, etc.), please contact the Records and Registration office by April 22 at [email protected] or 402-375-7243.
Caps and Gowns
Caps and gowns can be picked up at the WSC bookstore during normal business hours. If necessary, you may call the bookstore at 402-375-7099 or 1-800-228-9972, ext. 7099. Please check to see that you have been given the correct robe, mortarboard and tassel – bachelor’s robes have standard sleeves, master’s robes have a unique and oblong shaped sleeve with wrist openings. If you have received an incorrect robe, please exchange this with the bookstore before the ceremony.
With regard to mortar boards, special requests that involve family traditions or cultural heritage should be submitted to the registrar the two weeks prior to commencement and will be considered in consultation with the President.
Use Door 1 on the lower level of Carhart to access restrooms in the building. The Hahn Administration building will also be open for restroom use.
There is no parking on either side of Wendt Drive between Main Street and Gulliver Drive. Shuttle service will be provided from Lot 10.
If the ceremonies are moved indoors due to inclement weather, both ceremonies will be held in Rice Auditorium.
- Doors will open for all guests and graduates 1 hour prior to each ceremony.
- Graduates should arrive 1 hour prior to each ceremony.
- If guests arrive prior to doors opening, they are welcome to visit the Kanter Student Center or wait in the Gardner Auditorium (the overflow seating location).
- Due to limited seating, wristbands will be required for entry to the undergraduate ceremony. No one will be admitted to Rice Auditorium without a wristband. These wristbands have been mailed to each graduate.
Additional seating will be available in Gardner Auditorium, located in Gardner Hall.
- Gardner Auditorium will be open for overflow seating from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- No wristbands are required for Gardner Auditorium.
- The ceremonies will be livestreamed in Gardner Auditorium.
Graduation from WSC is contingent upon completion of your final semester. Due to time constraints regarding final grade changes for graduating students, we ask graduates to check final grades in WildcatsOnline and contact Records and Registration by May 13 if you think there is an error.
Ceremony Photos will be here during commencement. The Ceremony Photos photographer will take your picture before we march into the ceremony and again as you receive your diploma.
Please follow the instructions of the photographer in order to keep the line moving without unnecessary delays before we march into the ceremony.
The photo proofs will be available to view on the Ceremony Photos website about a week after commencement. An email with a link to graduation photos will be sent to the email provided by WSC.
A free proof will be mailed to your permanent address about two weeks after commencement if you allowed your mailing address to be shared. Ceremony Photos will not use the address for anything other than graduation photography information.
The Wayne Greenhouse has a special on bouquets for graduation (or Mother’s Day, which is the day after). You must place your order by April 30 by calling 402-375-1555 or ordering online at Wayne Greenhouse. All orders must be prepaid by credit or debit card.
Special pricing is available for Wayne State:
- Bouquet #1 includes six yellow roses - $30
- Bouquet #2 includes six red roses - $30
- Bouquet #3 features a colorful mix of daisies, alstroemeria, and carnations - $25
If graduation is in the Willow Bowl, flowers should be picked up at the Wayne Greenhouse, across the street south of WSC at 215 E 10th St. The shop will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on graduation day. If graduation is in Rice Auditorium, then flowers should be picked up at a table inside the facility.