7 p.m. on Sundays
Elected members represent the student body to provide a form of government giving students a forum for expression of views, interests, and protection of student rights, and to support student activities on behalf of students at Wayne State College.
The student body government supervises student activities by:
- Providing a forum for the expression of student views.
- Improving student cultural and social welfare.
- Developing better educational standards, facilities, and teaching methods.
- Fostering the recognition of the rights and responsibilities of students to school and community.
To be eligible for the office of Student Senator you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Enrolled for at least 12 hours at Wayne State College.
- Completed 12 hours at Wayne State College at the beginning of your term of office.
- Carry a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Must not be on disciplinary probation.
- Pursuing a Senator position for the academic department in which you have a declared major. (For example, an individual majoring in Chemistry would be pursuing a position within the Physical Sciences & Mathematics department).
- Gather signatures from the department or constituency you are representing.
- Attend at least two Student Senate meetings the semester prior to taking position.
- Sign the disclaimer stating you have read and agree to the “Election Rules and Regulations” handbook.