Do you spend a good part of your day on the web and want to turn that passion for understanding the internet into a career? If so, consider getting a web analyst degree from Wayne State College. You’ll learn principles and concepts of computing along with organizational and business concepts. You’ll gain practical skills in the areas of computer programming, website development, introductory networking, systems development, hardware, operating systems, and databases. You’ll be able to work independently, as well as in groups across a range of diverse situations. With a computer information systems - web analyst degree, you’ll be ready for a wide variety of careers in the information technology sector. Or, you can choose a more specific path in areas related to web and online services, website development, or user interface (UI) and application development.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Advanced web design
- Scripting languages
- Object-oriented programming
- Internet and web technology for e-commerce
- Analysis and design of computer information systems
- Networking concepts and technologies
- Database design and development using SQL
- Computer troubleshooting
- Time management and organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Web developer
- Web designer
- UI / UX designer
- Application developer
- Software developer
- Systems analyst
- Project manager
- Social media manager
- IT administrator
- Advertising agencies
- Online retailers
- Marketing or design firms
- Information technology companies
- Businesses and corporations
- Web development companies
- Banking and financial institutions
- Insurance companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Technical support centers
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 86% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career! Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester. Projects in this field typically include website development opportunities for local non-profit and community organizations.
- Competitions, trips, and more – Show your skills and compete for awards at robotics and programming competitions, attend guest speaker events, and tour professional IT facilities to learn more about your field and meet pros in the industry.
- Community events – Conduct workshops to help teach computing topics to local senior citizen groups, help promote the technology recycling program, serve as a judge for the Web Wizardry Competition, and even present at local schools for technology career days.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
As part of your studies, you’ll complete a project for a “real-world” business to earn credit toward your degree in website development. We also frequently employ students in our Network and Technology Services Department to give you additional field experience. Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities as well.