Do you dream of constructing beautiful buildings or extravagant houses? Do you want to put your building planning skills to use for the good of the community? At Wayne State, you can begin your career in architecture studying math, science, and art, the foundation for architecture. Then you’ll transfer to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where you’ll continue in more specialized courses. An architecture degree can take you several places – careers in construction, engineering, urban planning, interior design are all possible. Wayne State is the perfect place to begin building your base in architecture before continuing at UNL to earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in architecture.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Transfer details: You’ll spend one and a half years at WSC, then transfer to UNL to receive your B.A. or B.S.
Pre-transfer requirements (to be completed at WSC): 35
Architectural studies at UNL: 34
To graduate from UNL: 120
School: Natural and Social Sciences
Department: Physical Sciences and Mathematics
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Advanced drawing
- General physics and lab techniques
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Introductory drafting and solid modeling
- College-level calculus
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Creative communication and expression
- Presentation and public speaking
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Community planner
- Interior designer
- Landscape architect
- Structural engineer
- Town planner
- Building inspector
- Urban designer
- Product designer
- Architect firms
- Engineering firms
- Construction companies
- Infrastructure companies
- Landscaping companies
- Urban design firms
- Businesses and organizations
- Planning and development companies
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished, with 86% of our full-time faculty having the highest degree in their field. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in a personalized setting with a friendly atmosphere.
Mary Kuchta, MSE
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education by participating in clubs, organizations, activities, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Projects, trips, and more – Conduct honors projects or your own research and attend national and regional conventions to present your work.
- Art shows and trips – Show your work and have it critiqued, visit art galleries, and participate in art events on campus.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
Internships are not required for pre-professional studies in architecture at Wayne State College, as these are typically completed in professional school for degree completion. However, Career Services is available to help you find job opportunities if you are looking for field-related work experience.