Published Friday, April 20th, 2018
Phishing message about a payroll message from Wayne State College.
We have another phish in the wild. It is a message about a payroll message from Wayne State College. The e-mail arrived roughly at 6:00 PM.
This is not a legitimate e-mail. We have secured the account and will be removing the e-mail from the system.
If you have clicked on the link and/or provided your login credentials, please change your password immediately.
Instructions are below - if you need any assistance, please call the helpdesk (402-375-7107) and we’ll be happy to assist.
When you have an e-mail that asks you to take action use the following steps to determine the validity:
STOP – Don’t simply click through on an e-mail and provide your credentials.
THINK – Ask yourself some questions about the e-mail. Be inquisitive.
CONNECT – If you’ve taken time to examine the e-mail and you are convinced it’s legit, go ahead and act.
Thanks for your diligence!
Network and Technology Services
Wayne State College
- Go to https://ecampus.wsc.edu
- Click on the “Password Help” link near the login button in the top right corner.
- Verify that you are not a robot.
- Enter your username and click the “Search” button.
- Choose which method you would prefer to receive your security code.
- EMAIL - Send code to your registered email address. This is the "Personal" address in WildcatsOnline for students and "Email Address" in Firefly portal for staff and faculty.
- SMS (Text Message) - Send code to your mobile phone using text messaging (SMS). This is the "Cell" number in WildcatsOnline for students and "Telephone No:" in Firefly portal for staff and faculty.
- Enter the security code and click “Check Code”.
- Enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Network and Technology Services suggests that you never use the previous password for any WSC or non-WSC services (personal email, banking, social media, etc) in the future. The attackers will have your previous credentials stored in a database and will continue to attempt to login using those credentials.