Published Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
We have another phish in the wild. It is an invitation to read your 2018 payroll schedule.
We have another phish in the wild. It is an invitation to read your 2018 payroll schedule. The e-mail arrived roughly at 10:45 AM.
This is not a legitimate e-mail. We have secured the account and will be removing the e-mail from the system.
If you have clicked on the link and/or provided your login credentials, please change your password immediately.
Instructions are below - if you need any assistance, please call the helpdesk (402-375-7107) and we’ll be happy to assist.
Thanks for you diligence!
Chief Information Officer
Wayne State College
- Go to https://ecampus.wsc.edu
- Click on the “Password Help” link near the login button in the top right corner.
- Verify that you are not a robot.
- Enter your username and click the “Search” button.
- Choose which method you would prefer to receive your security code.
- EMAIL - Send code to your registered email address. This is the "Personal" address in WildcatsOnline for students and "Email Address" in Firefly portal for staff and faculty.
- SMS (Text Message) - Send code to your mobile phone using text messaging (SMS). This is the "Cell" number in WildcatsOnline for students and "Telephone No:" in Firefly portal for staff and faculty.
- Enter the security code and click “Check Code”.
- Enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Network and Technology Services suggests that you never use the previous password for any WSC or non-WSC services (personal email, banking, social media, etc) in the future. The attackers will have your previous credentials stored in a database and will continue to attempt to login using those credentials.