Bookstore and Textbooks
Last updated 3/24/20 at 10:10 a.m.
Our highest priority is the health and welfare of our campus community and our store staff. As we continue to monitor the global concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our leadership team at Follett - who runs day-to-day store operations - is responding to changing needs as they arise and adjusting store operations as required.
- The physical store location(s) that are open to the campus community are taking steps to keep the environment safe and healthy by following the city, state and government public health protocols as guided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). This includes increased cleaning of the store, frequent washing of hands, and sick store staff not coming to work. Store staff are being provided coronavirus awareness information, prevention and resource tips, and ongoing updates as conditions change.
- All scheduled store events have been cancelled, until further notice.
- In the event of a campus closure when staff are still permitted to be in the store, we will adjust our servicing capabilities to pivot the focus to our store website to support students, while mitigating further risk of spreading the virus.
- The store is already extending free shipping, with no minimum purchase, to the entire campus community to fulfill any academic needs that may arise.
As we continue to monitor the ever changing COVID-19 situation, updates will be provided. Please refer to COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions below for additional information.
Textbook Rental Check-Ins/Returns
Q. Can I come to the bookstore to check-in my rental textbooks for this term?
A. Yes. Or, customers at U.S. locations can ship rentals back to the store via a free FedEx return label. For customers in Canada, a solution for return shipping labels is currently in progress, more information will be shared when available.
(U.S. Stores Only) Two ways to get a free return label:
- Wait for the rental reminder email that is sent 14 days before your rental due date. Email is sent again seven days, three days, and the day of your due date. This email contains a link to generate a free return shipping label and packing slip.
- Or you can immediately generate a free return shipping label on this website, in your account: Click the Sign In link on the top right side of the page to sign into your account. Enter the email address you provided at the register when you rented. Note: Even if you rented in the store, an account was created using the email you provided at the register. If you don’t know your password, you can click Forgot Password link for a temporary password to be emailed to you. Once you’ve signed in, click the link “Rentals." You will be navigated to the Rentals page in your account. On Rentals page, scroll down the page to see the books you rented. Click the link “Return All Rentals by Mail." You can also click the button “Return by Mail." Both open a pop-up to select your rentals to ship back. Follow the steps to generate and print the return label and packing slip. This option is available until your rental due date.
Q. If I am unable to get to campus, I cannot bring in my rented textbooks. Will I get charged for the textbooks due to missing the due date?
A. While the due date for rented books has not changed, the store has extended the period before non-return charges are charged because of this issue. The non-return charge date has been extended 15 days past your current return due date. To avoid late charges, please have your book in transit by the due date.
Q. Can I buy or extend my rentals on the website?
A. If you rented your textbook in the store, there is not an option to buy or extend the rental on the website at this time. If you rented your textbook online, you have an option to buy or extend the rental on the website, on the Rentals page.
Textbooks and Course Supplies Purchases
Q. I need to purchase upcoming term textbooks and supplies; do I need to come to the store?
A. No, instead you can order from this bookstore website, which continues to be open.
Q. My textbooks are in my dorm room or other location I cannot get to. How can I get a copy of those books?
A. There are digital eBook options available for many titles available through the store website. See the textbook page on the site for details.
Selling Back Textbooks (Book Buyback)
Q. Can I sell my textbooks back to the bookstore?
A. Yes. Visit the campus bookstore, or customers at U.S. locations can sell back books online (ship your books) through the “Sell Your Textbooks” link in the site footer. For customers in Canada, Online Buyback is not currently available.
(U.S. Stores Only) How to Sell Your Textbooks Online
- Click “Sell Your Textbooks” link from the website footer.
- On the Sell Your Textbooks page, refer to the Online section and click “Sell Your Textbooks” button.