Student Application and Enrollment Process
Please note: Students need to complete a new dual credit application each semester.
1. Visit with your high school counselor or principal
Your counselor has the deadline for each semester. We suggest the student and counselor/principal do the remaining steps together.
2. Apply online
You'll apply online using the dual credit application.
- Create your NUID. Once you have created your NUID and password, keep this information safe for future reference. If you already have an NUID from another institution, you will use that NUID and password to sign in.
- Return to the application page and sign in using your NUID and password.
3. Obtain your high school counselor's or principal's approval
The high school counselor/principal will be sent an email to do the following:
- Verify the academic status of the student
- Specify the course(s) the student will be taking
Note: No parent authorization document needs to be uploaded.
4. Complete the registration form
Complete the dual credit registration form.
- Obtain parent’s or guardian’s signature.
- Attach payment or indicate if applied for ACE Scholarship.
- Submit to high school counselor. The counselor will mail it to WSC’s Distance and Continuing Education Office.
ALL first-time WSC students must pay a one-time matriculation/processing fee of $15 (including ACE scholarship recipients).
Tuition for dual credit courses is $49 per credit hour (for example, $147 for a 3-credit hour class. First-time students would pay $147 + $15 matriculation/processing fee for a total of $162).
The dual credit program accepts check or money order.
ACE Applicants: By requesting enrollment and verifying you have applied for the ACE scholarship, you will not be responsible for paying the tuition costs up front. However, you are required to pay the $15 matriculation/processing fee.