Why buy a meal plan?
Having a meal plan is way more than just eating delicious food. You don’t have to spend time cooking and cleaning, which means you have more time for friends, studying, going to events, and getting involved. We are confident that there is a meal plan that fits your style! If you are a WSC student living on campus, you are required to have a meal plan. All incoming freshmen can choose the unlimited, 225, or 190 residential meal block plans for 2019-20, and all returning or new transfer students, regardless of living arrangements, can choose any of the residential meal block plans. All meal plans are loaded onto your WSC ID and your WSC ID is required to use your meal plan.
2019-20 Residential Block Meal Plans
Block meals are affordable and convenient by allowing consumption of either 100, 190, 225, or unlimited meals per semester, depending on the plan picked, in the all-you-care-to-eat and continuous service main dining center. Of the set number of meals per semester, an unlimited number of meals may be used per meal period as long as there are meals available to use. Any unused meals will expire at the end of each academic semester.
Residential Meal Blocks Options (available to all WSC students)
- Unlimited meals per semester + $150 flex dollars + two meal transfers per week
- 225 meals per semester + $350 flex dollars + two meal transfers per week
- 190 meals per semester + $250 flex dollars + two meal transfers per week
Returning and Transfer Student Meal Block Plan (available only to returning students, transfers, and commuters)
- 100 meals per semester + $300 flex dollars + two meal transfers per week
2019-20 Commuter Meal Plans
This plan is a convenience plan for non-traditional students and commuter students with a schedule that allows them the convenience of eating on campus occasionally.
Commuter Plans (available to commuter students)
- 75 meals per semster + $150 flex dollars + one meal transfer per week
- 50 meals per semester + one meal transfer per week
Meal plans are designed for eating meals in the upper cafeteria (main dining hall) where it's all-you-can-eat, so you get the most value. Transferability allows you to transfer a meal from the main dining hall to the Cat’s Corner and Jitters retail areas. The transferred meal is assigned a transferability value of $4.18 for breakfast and $6.61 for lunch and dinner (see chart below for transferability periods). The transferability value is then used to purchase a meal or retail items. Should your purchase be in excess of the assigned value, you can use flex dollars or Cat Cash to cover the excess as long as that account balance is greater than the amount due. Cash or credit/debit may also be used if flex dollars are not part of the meal plan, the flex dollar balance is low, and/or a Cat Cash account has not been added to the meal plan.
2019-20 meal transfer rates
|Breakfast||Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 10:30 am||$4.18|
|Lunch||Monday - Friday, 10:30 am - 4:00 pm||$6.61|
|Dinner||Monday - Thursday, 4:00 - 9:00 pm; Sunday, 7:00- 11:00pm (Jitters only)||$6.61|
Meal Plan Enrollment
To sign up for a meal plan, please contact the Residence Life Office, located on the catwalk in the Kanter Student Center, Room 201.
Please note the following:
- Meal plans may be purchased at any time.
- Meal plans can be changed at any time as long as you are increasing the meal plan level (number of meals in your meal plan).
- Meal plan cancellations must be made by 5pm Friday of the first week of classes by contacting the Residence Life office.