In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and aid to help you on your path to an architecture degree.
About the Pre-Architecture Program
Architecture is a profession with high job satisfaction that appeals to many. An architecture degree can take you several places – careers in construction, engineering, urban planning, and interior design are all possible. While Wayne State College does not offer an architecture degree, students can expect to spend 1-2 years at Wayne State and then transfer to a degree-granting institution prepared to engage in their architecture program. While specific requirements and transferability will vary from institution to institution, you can study the foundations for architecture - math, science, and art - at Wayne State.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Transfer details: You can spend 1-2 years at Wayne State College studying the foundations for architecture (math, science, and art), then transfer to an institution that can grant a degree in architecture.
Department: Physical Sciences and Mathematics
What Can You Do With an Architecture Degree?
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the pre-architecture program.
- Advanced drawing
- General physics and lab techniques
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Introductory drafting and solid modeling
- College-level calculus
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Creative communication and expression
- Presentation and public speaking
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Community planner
- Interior designer
- Landscape architect
- Structural engineer
- Town planner
- Building inspector
- Urban designer
- Product designer
- Architect firms
- Engineering firms
- Construction companies
- Infrastructure companies
- Landscaping companies
- Urban design firms
- Businesses and organizations
- Planning and development companies
Pre-Architecture Program Faculty
Our faculty are accomplished. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the pre-architecture program.
Mary Kuchta, Ed.D.
Nicole Listerfelt, M.S.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the pre-architecture program by participating in clubs, organizations, activities, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Projects, trips, and more – Conduct honors projects or your own research and attend national and regional conventions to present your work.
- Art shows and trips – Show your work and have it critiqued, visit art galleries, and participate in art events on campus.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
Internships are not required for pre-architecture studies at Wayne State College, as these are typically completed in professional school for degree completion. However, Career Services is available to help you find job opportunities if you are looking for field-related work experience.