In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships for the professional studies degree program at Wayne State College.
Professional Studies Degree Program
Professional Studies Degree Program
The professional studies degree program at Wayne State College can prepare you for a variety of careers in the business world. With several business programs to choose from, you’ll get to tailor your academic coursework to those goals. The business department at WSC offers classes in accounting, marketing, international business, finance, human resource management, office administration, business management, economics, public accounting, and agribusiness. You’ll meet with your advisor to plan your own program to fit where you see yourself in the future. With the professional studies degree program, you get to choose your own adventure!
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Degrees offered: B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration/Professional Studies
For concentration: 48
General education: 30
To graduate from WSC: 120
Popular minors: Management Information Systems, International Studies, Spanish, Economics, Interdisciplinary Studies
School: Business and Technology
Department: Business and Economics
Accreditation: International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
Awards and rankings: Our MBA program is consistently ranked high statewide and nationwide, including No. 1 in Nebraska and No. 9 in the U.S. for Most Affordable Online Colleges by OnlineU.org and No. 1 in Nebraska for accredited MBA programs by OnlineMBA.
Scholarships and Aid
Our Focus is Results
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world in the professional studies degree program.
- Business management and leadership
- Legal and ethical standards of business
- Basic accounting and finance
- Principles of business marketing
- Presentation and public speaking
- Oral and written communication
- Computer literacy and competency
- Organization and time management
- Time management
- Office administrator
- Executive assistant
- Store manager
- Bank or loan officer
- Real estate agent
- Human resource coordinator
- Insurance agent
- Marketing coordinator
- Office manager
- Businesses and corporations
- Private organizations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Real estate agencies
- Government offices
- Retail stores
- Accounting firms
- Insurance companies
- Investment companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Non-profit organizations
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished professionals that have been recognized as experts in their fields. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the professional studies degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the professional studies degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- College Entrepreneurs' Organization (CEO)
- Delta Sigma Pi (collegiate business organization)
- FBLA Collegiate
- Pi Omega Pi (National Business Education Honorary)
- Sigma Beta Delta
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
We encourage all students to complete an internship before graduating from the professional studies degree program. You are not required to complete an internship; however, Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities if you wish to do so.