Writing Help Desk
Need a second pair of eyes to review your paper?
The Writing Help Desk is available both on-campus and online. The Help Desk is designed to help students improve academic writing skills.
On-Campus Writing Help Desk
The Help Desk will help students clarify concepts, improve critical thinking, develop paragraphs and transitions, work on organization, increase vocabulary, incorporate and correctly document secondary sources, and write logical, grammatically correct, clear sentences.
The Writing Help Desk is located in Conn Library and is available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., several evenings per week and Fridays from 8 a.m. to noon.
Online Writing Help Desk
For papers eight pages or less in length, an online Writing Help Desk is available during the week by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your paper to email@example.com (Please include a brief description of the assignment's directions and your time availability.)
- Our goal is to have your paper returned within 24-36 hours during non-peak times. Thank you for your patience during peak times!
- Please include the citation style you are using on your paper.
Guidelines for paper submissions:
- Any paper less than eight pages; small sections can be emailed for review for longer papers.
- Only one submission per student per day will be accepted.
- We do not proofread take home tests or quizzes.
- Cover letters and applications may be submitted for review.