The athletic administration focus area is an option that can be added to any of the school administration options (PK-8, 7-12, or PK-12).
The program leads to an endorsement for principal but has additional coursework in athletic administration. You are not required to have a focus area as part of your degree program.
The student must have a Nebraska Teaching Certificate and at least two years of successful teaching experience by the time the student completes the program to get certified in Nebraska. Nebraska does not have an administrative endorsement for athletic administration. The principal endorsement will qualify you for that position.
A student wishing to complete a focus in athletic administration will select 12 hours from the following courses. Students may use the hours in this focus as substitution for the professional core electives in any of the School Administration/Educational Leadership programs of study.
- PED 610 Legal Aspects of Sport (3)
- PED 612 Advanced Sport Marketing and Promotion (3)
- PED 631 Seminar in Sport Management: Sport Event Security (3)
- PED 653 Program Management and the Transition of Sport (3)
- PED 664 Sport Event and Facility Management (3)
- PED 685 Social Issues in Sport (3)