Total Hours: 36
Classes for the elementary education master's degree program (curriculum and instruction - instructional leadership MSE) are available online.
Professional education core: 12 hours
- EDU 603 Introduction to Educational Research and Design (3)
- EDU 652 Instructional Theory and Practice (3)
- EDU 658 Fundmentals of Curriculum Development PK-16 (3)
- EDU 674 History/Philosophy of Education (3)
Elementary Education concentration: 15 hours
- EDU 600 Literacy through Literature for Children (3)
- EDU 604 Language Arts in the Elementary and Middle School (3)
- EDU 612 Social Sciences in the Elementary and Middle School (3)
- EDU 613 Science in the Elementary and Middle School (3)
- EDU 614 Mathematics in the Elementary and Middle School (3)
Electives: 9 hours
Clases level 600 or above
Licensing and Certification: This program is designed for teachers who are already certified in this content area as an opportunity to go deeper into their specialty while simultaneously earning a master’s degree. This program does not meet initial certification/licensure requirements through the Nebraska Department of Education. It has not been determined if this program meets requirements for all other states. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Nebraska, please check that state's licensing board to determine their licensing requirements. Learn more.