Total Hours: 36
Classes for the early childhood education master's degree program are fully online. If you are pursuing the MSE in curriculum and instruction - instructional leadership with the early childhood education endorsement, you must first have a bachelor’s degree and a completed elementary education and/or special education endorsement. If you don't have either of these endorsements, you may be required to take additional courses if your preparation is determined to be deficient.
Professional education core: 6 hours
- EDU 603 Introduction to Educational Research and Design (3)
- EDU 652 Instructional Theory and Practice (3)
Early childhood concentration: 28-30 hours
- EDU 605 Curriculum and Methods Appropriate for Ages Birth-8 (3)
- EDU 617 Assessment of Needs for Young Children Birth-8 (3)
- EDU 632 Clinical for Early Childhood (3)
- EDU 658 Fundamentals of Curriculum Development PK-16 (3)
- FCS 604 Infants / Toddlers Through Primary Children Birth-8 (4)
- FCS 611 Administration of Early Childhood Education Programs and Coordination of Community Partnerships (3)
- *FCS 616 Early Childhood Practicum with Applied Research (3-5)
- SPD 636 Social and Emotional Behavior (3)
- SPD 652 Consultation and Co-Teaching in the Field (3)
*Take FCS 616 for 3 hours if pursuing the thesis option MSE; take FCS 616 for 5 hours if pursuing the non-thesis MSE option or endorsement.